The Regional Landcare Facilitator (RLF) supports the Landcare community to promote sustainable agriculture across the region, particularly in the rural, semi-rural and rapidly expanding peri-urban communities (which now comprise 20% of South East Queensland).
The main role of the RLF is to help increase capacity and knowledge amongst land managers through skills based training and advice, collaborating wherever possible with land managers, other stakeholders and the SEQ Catchments Members Association.
The role is shared between three facilitators across South East Queensland in order to fully utilise the specific skills, knowledge and experience available, supported by technical, engagement and support teams and is funded by the Australian Government.
The focus of the RLF is to:
- Engage with rural and peri-urban land managers and landholders to provide them with the skills they need to manage their properties to that they are environmentally sustainable and economically sound
- Engage with the recreational horse community to raise awareness of the link between the health of their property and the health of their horse, and provide the necessary training for horse owners to be proactive in property and pasture management
- Engage with recreational fishers to raise awareness on the link between fish habitat, water quality and sustainable fisheries, and provide the training necessary for them actively identify and restore fish habitat
How can I access support from the RLF?
- Horse Management workshops for horse owners held throughout the year covering a number of issues including:
- Property management planning
- Pasture identification and management
- Equine behaviour and nutrition
- Soil health training workshops
- Weed control and management workshops
- Practical fencing workshops for landholders
- Catchment tours to allow for shared learning of healthy creek management
SEQ Catchments Regional Landcare Facilitators
Northern Area Manager, Rural Catchments
0427 013 284
Team Manager, Rural Catchments
0438 162 113
Eastern Area Manager, Coastal Catchments
0448 069 226